Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Taking off.......

The Father knows exactly where we are heading and seems to be very content with all of our adjusting to new levels in our lives.  To me, it feels as though I am constantly stopping and adjusting...how about you?
I have been watching a beautiful male turkey that has decided to come and live in the middle of the city, in my front yard....totally out of his habitat......I have watched him adjust to cars, people and children that think it is funny to chase him.  I have pictures of his beautiful strut, with feathers furled and his call to his mate....and seen him stop in his tracks, tilt his head and watch me as I open the door to take a photo.  He has been at rest outside of my studio under the Rose of Sharon bush, with his eyes on every move I make as I paint and move around in the room.....He is constantly watching and aware of what is going on around him..........
I think that must be part of where we are going.....a bride that is aware of what is moving around her
even when she is out of her comfort zone...still willing to show who she is and release her voice, her words......
I don't normally paint birds, but needed to paint this one for a venue at the furniture market.....and as awkward as this lanky one looks, there is a lot of beauty and power....
So, in this new place of teaching others, or sharing our stories, praying for someone, or creating a piece of art, I know that the Father wants us to believe in the power and beauty of Christ living in each of us, no matter how lanky or clunky our first steps feel........because we learn by doing and we overcome fear by looking at Papa and taking a step...or flying off of the limb.........
What is new for you? what are you risking?
For me, it will be workshops all summer long leading into bringing community together through art and music.....my world is full of dancing in the studio and living for today.....organizing something that will effect others..well, that is way down on my list of strengths.:)
So, Papa, I will expect your bride, with all of her beauty and strength to walk with me and I will honor her and appreciate all of the gifts that are needed to pull this off......I am spreading my wings, trusting your wind to carry me....

1 comment: