Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 16, 2012

Thanksgiving in Spring

Beautiful Boy! 
If you are one of my friends on facebook, you know about the ongoing date with Thanksgiving!  This has been an amazing spring!  I have seen my first wild turkey and he has made the decision to live in my front yard during the day.  I have grown very attached to him over the last few weeks, and even though I know he needs to find his family, I will miss him.  The Father has taught me so much about His love and pursuit of His children through this strange bird. The biggest lesson is that I really need to understand gratitude and carry it in my heart every day of my life.  In the book, One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp, she states: "I too, had read it often, the oft-quoted verse: and give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...and I , too, would nod and say straight-faced, I am thankful for everything...but in this counting gifts, I discover that slapping a sloppy brush of thanksgiving over everything in my life leaves me deeply thankful for very few things in my life.  A lifetime of sermons on "thank in all thaings" and the shelves saggin with books on these things and I testify" Life-changing, gratitude does not fasten to a life unless nailed through with one very specific nail at a time."Wow......if you could put aside all of the "givens" thankful for my husband, my home, my children, etc....and really get still...and let the gratitude of God grab your heart...what would be in your moment? This morning, a dear friend came over to pray....a dear friend that I almost lost because of a church that fell apart and hearts that got crushed.....the damage was terrible and we were right in the middle of the storm...but Love pervails, as God promises it will. Through no help on our part, the Father had plans for our friendship and He hovered over us both and breathed on us and brought us back together, more in love with Jesus and more transparent with one another.....we are again, seeking the face of the King and agreeing with Heaven for our families, our city, our country. This morning, as we sat before the Father, asking for hearts of gratitude, I was overwhelmed with the gift of a friend that only God could restore. I am learning to be in awe of this King and stay perched on the edge of grace, knowing nothing is because of me....I am willing to follow and this Magnificent King weaves my life into His Purposes and Plan for my life..we have all been given so much.......I want to savor the gifts.........what is tucked away in the everyday that is such a picture of grace and love pursuing you?   

No comments:

Post a Comment