Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Treasure Emerging

Today I watched treasure create. I watch the beautiful treasure locked away in a precious heart leap forth and expand.



 Somehow that is the basis of purpose for me...it is not enough to get lost in the creative process and to see what is in my own heart.  I am enjoying the opportunity of watching someone else explore.
Today I invited a friend to paint along side me on a canvas as big as she is......She had never painted on anything that large and she took the risk in front of about 100 people during worship. It was wonderful to see the big smile and hear her say, "That was so much fun!"

I can see what has been poured into me over the last year and a half at our little church in Greensboro....
Honor the gift in one another and look for the gold hidden away....and then pull that gold to the surface by loving and encouraging.

We are all treasure, beautiful , unique treasure in earthen vessels...each one a mystery to explore. Slowing down in daily life so that we can enjoy the treasure that fills our lives each day is a task within itself, but one that is best to pursue. Slowing down, enjoying the process of just loving God and letting Him love us is contrary to what we heard all around us, but wow, that in itself is treasure.
and in the slowing down, I had the opportunity to see a childlike heart that wanted more..and I got to come along side and encourage........that made today feel really good......



No comments:

Post a Comment